Thursday, October 22, 2009

Spot Check

In yesterdays class I was given the spot check work booklet to finish when I have the chance from missing Monday & Tuesday. There was also a formula sheet for Sequences/Series & Personal Finance that was assigned.
We got a Design & Measurement Portfolio booklet. We started to go over the questions, we were to do the 1st part of question 2 on page 4 of 4. The question was to find out how many ceiling tiles you need to complete the ceiling of a room, with the square tiles laid in the center of the room.
To do the question I divided the dimensions of the ceiling into 4 quarters. I then figured out how many full tiles I would need, and how many partial tiles(for each tile that was less than half, I used 1 full tile cut into 2 partial tiles) for each quarter. Then, I multiplied that number by 4quarters to find out how many complete tiles I would need for the full ceiling. Once I got the total number of tiles I would need, I figured out how many packages I would need, and from that I got the price of the total price ceiling tiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment